Monday, November 5, 2012

Jail Cell of Memory


You were just some boy
I didn’t even know your existence
I didn’t even know your name
Then you spoke to me
A single goodbye
And you had my brain entangled
I had to know more
I had to satiate my curiosity
I didn’t know what I was getting
            myself into
            my heart into
            my emotions into
            my life into
Except that I did
I knew
you were that boy
you would have your life
you would have admirers
you would have your flaws
you would make me forget – or, rather, not care
you would break my heart
you would one day leave, be gone, be free
A final goodbye
            just as it started, it would end
            you with your singular line – your single goodbye
            and I would be caught off guard
Stunned
            into silence
            heart pierced
mind racing, wondering, curious
by need, to be satiated
without a response to sustain moment
And eventually, you have been erased
– removed, except not really
And that goodbye, that forgetting
            is the best and worst moment of my life
Because I cannot deal with all the pain and tears
            that you caused me
            that I brought upon myself in my paranoia, my silence, my presence by your presence
Glad to be away from it all,
            Yet I want to be back again
Glad to know I’ll still have you in my brain and heart
– memory
yet I want to know why can’t I free you
            from this jail cell within me
                        and why can’t this jail cell let me free?
Locking up these emotions and thoughts and memories
            is the best and the worst for me
                        it was and is the death and life of you and me
                                    and of you
and of I

No comments:

Post a Comment