Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ink Bleeds

As my heart wrenches in pain
I write it all out, paper and ink
There is nothing left to do but gain
At a point where I just can’t sink

No more, no more
Tears dried up and gone
Long gone, a long time before
Waiting for a new dawn

Across the snowy white sheet
Single strokes hatch their way across
Flowing streams across paved streets
Into the frail, thin body, I emboss

All along the once clean slate
Ink cries and weeps from wells we once knew
Dancing out the figures our words cannot state
Ink bleeds, coloring everything we’ve been through

I write until I can write no longer
I draw until the ink bleeds dry
Empty, at a gravely end and danger
Tired and resigned, can no longer pry

Listen to the ink’s bloody tears
Dripping and soaked
Watch as it paints splattered smears
Burning and eyes cloaked

Allowing the music box too unwind
Twisting and turning again and again
Playing out emotions deaf and blind
Gushing the gore, of the ink, of the pen

No comments:

Post a Comment