Saturday, November 13, 2010

Expression

I am a lugophile, a lover of words
The words that accompany my darkest hours
The sayings that voice my bliss
The angels that hark the tacenda,
Things not mentioned
This epeolatry, this worship of words,
Lays completely founded
They exist and are to express
My thoughts, my opinions, my emotions, my experiences
Their feel, a baisemain, a kiss on the hand
Their sound, a psithurism, a whispering sound
Their scent, a petrichor, a smell of rain on dry ground
I am a lugophile, a lover of words
They satiate my wanderlust,
My strong, irresistible impulse to travel
They bring me to new heights
And create new sanctions
I travel this world and all others
And in my times of lethologica,
My inability to recall a precise word,
I can turn to my art, the art which I love
My drawings and paintings,
My lines, curves, and dotted dashes
My colors and that there of or lack of
My spectrum, my rainbow, my photograph
To capture those thoughts, opinions, emotions, and experiences
Which words cannot explain
That only vision can express
That brings pictures to life
That explores everywhere and elsewhere
Alongside the words, the words which I love

No comments:

Post a Comment